- Allowing pets to urinate on the lawn as the ammonia from pet urine will stunt or kill the growth of grass in certain areas.
- Applying harsh chemicals during the heat of summer on new lawns will kill new grass
- Wait 1 day for Hydroseed to dry before beginning a watering program.
- Depending on your environment and (or) soil preparations, weeds may or may not appear.
- If weeds grow in with the Hydroseed do not use a weed killer or weed and feed until the lawn is mature
enough to withstand the treatment.
- Just mow weeds as you would your grass, once you apply weed and feed you can begin to control their growth
- After the grass is established mowing height should be 3 1/4″ to 4″.
- Fertilize 3-4 times annually with a good quality fertilizer. (Best brand 15-15-15)
- Due to the differences in PH levels and compaction in soil, it is NOT uncommon to have areas that are slow in the germination process.
- Many of these areas will fill in once weekly mowing begins.
- You must ensure that slow germinating areas are not due to the lack of water
- During cold weather or cooler overnight temperatures, it may take longer to germinate your seed.
- Hydroseed may splash on walls or sidewalks; this is also a regular occurrence and we do not recommend washing it off with water until the grass has grown in
1-15 Days: The golden rule for hydroseeding is to keep the ground moist for a minimum of 30 days, without producing puddles. During these 30 days, germination will occur. The ideal times for watering are 9 am 12 pm and 3 pm
(do not water at night due to a high risk of producing fungi). GROUND MUST STAY MOIST DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS
15 Days (optional): Lightly fertilize with a low nitrogen fertilizer. (ex. Best 6-20-20 XB can be purchased at www.siteone.com)
30-45 Days: First mowing takes place. The lawn should be mowed when 50% of the area is 2″ (inches) or taller. The mower must be sharp and free of debris. Continue mowing once per week. Cut back on watering to once per day after the first mowing. Morning watering is preferred.
60-90 Days: Apply a good quality weed and feed that is approved for use on your grass or groundcover. DO NOT APPLY WEED AND FEED IF TEMPERATURE IS OVER 85 DEGREES